This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just need some info pa Pennsylvania

the work comp people sent me a check and i put it the bank and paid bills with the money and all the checks bounced because the work comp check bounced. they sent a new check but it did not cover all my bounce fees do they have to pay those fees back and if so how do i get them to do that. also do they have the right to pay me when they want sometimes i dont get a check for over 4 weeks at a time they used to come every week without fail

No they do not have to cover your bank fees. The insurance company has no control over how much is in your account or what you spend money on.

Have you asked why the checks are delayed? Most of the time it is because they are awaiting verification from the physician that you still need to be out. They aren't going to generate a check until they have that.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

I guess I missed something there Ellemd. The way I read the OP is that the checks the OP wrote only bounced because the check from WC IC bounced. Would they not be liable for a fee assessed, #1 they caused the checks to bounce with the check they issued against insufficient funds and #2 Most states have a late penalty for WC checks that are not paid when due.

Leftguard, here is the website for PA. See what you can find or call the BWC tomorrow.

http://www.dli.state.pa.us/landi/cwp...3870#insurance

Comment

They might be assessed a late payment fee depending. I'm not where I have access to my resource on this.

No one is ever responsible for the bank fees though. Since the IC can't control what the balance of your bank account happens to be, it isn't their fault if you don't have funds sufficient to cover your expenditures.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X