Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use sick/vac time in conjunction with TTD California

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Use sick/vac time in conjunction with TTD California

    An ee was out for 1 week due to WC injury. He wants to get paid for that 1 week using his sick/vacation time. He is getting TTD from WC company, can he still do that? Or is it an "either or" type thing? Is there a law regarding this you can refer me to?
    Last edited by bobbijr; 05-17-2007, 11:15 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by bobbijr View Post
    An ee was out for 1 week due to WC injury. He wants to get paid for that 1 week using his sick/vacation time. He is getting TTD from WC company, can he still do that? Or is it an "either or" type thing? Is there a law regarding this you can refer me to?
    He can get his sick pay.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, he can get sick pay. But can he get paid for sick leave and TTD at the same time?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bobbijr View Post
        Yes, he can get sick pay. But can he get paid for sick leave and TTD at the same time?
        In my state there is a waiting period before WC kicks in. Also, the WC policy doesn't pay at 100%.
        Please no private messages about your situation.

        Comment


        • #5
          He can't double dip, if that's what you're asking.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

          Comment


          • #6
            In some states you can "double dip" (such as my own), but not CA. You may charge leave for the days not covered by TTD or for the difference between WC and his regular pay if you supplement only. If he only missed one week, assuming a 5 day workweek, you would pay him PTO for days 1-3, TTD would cover days 4-5.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

            Comment


            • #7
              In IL if your TTD starts on the date of injury, and is the standard 67%, can you still supplement the other 33% with sick time?

              Comment


              • #8
                TTD does not begin on the date of the injury, though it can be retrodated to the day after in certain cases. Regardless, whether your employer allows you to supplement the TTD with sick leave is a matter of company policy, not law. In other words, they can if they want but they don't have to permit it. Keep in mind that while TTD is roughly 2/3 of your usual salary, it is tax exempt.
                I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

                Comment

                The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X