This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workman comp and other questions for SC South Carolina

I have worked for this company 24 years. In the past 3 years things seem to going down hill. I started in 1984 and was punching the clock,I was put on salary unitl 2004. Jan. 4 2004 I was informed that my position had changed and I was no longer in charge of my dept. Keep in mind first of the year I had 4 weeks vac., 25 weeks of Sick leave pay, 1week of sick pay. When I asked what I did he stated I can't tell you! Well 3 month later my boss came in on thursday and stated that starting monday I would no longer be on salary and that my pay would be cut by 2.50 per hour, also I would lose 1 weeks vac and 25 weeks of sick pay that I had built up for the past 17 years. I called the Labor board and they said that the company is required by law to send me a letter within 7 bus. days for the reason why. (I never got this letter) 6 months went by and I contacted the HR department of the company. I ask if you start off in JANUARY with 4 weeks Vac. how can you change it because you took me off salary, also how can you take me 25 week of sick away from me. they stated you not on salary. But you have already given them to me. Are you indian givers. After a meeting they let me keep them. Vac time was only for 1 year then only 3 weeks after that. 25 weeks was set aside for further med care.

1. My question is can they cut my pay without a reason?

2. If you get hurt on the job and you are still working but you have a Dr. appointment at 10:00AM do you have to clock out to go?

3. Is the company required to pay me for the mileage to and from Dr. vist if it is more than 5 miles from my work place?

4. My supervisor told me that I need to set my appointments up for after I get off work.

1. My question is can they cut my pay without a reason? Yes.

2. If you get hurt on the job and you are still working but you have a Dr. appointment at 10:00AM do you have to clock out to go? If your employer wishes you to do so, yes.

3. Is the company required to pay me for the mileage to and from Dr. vist if it is more than 5 miles from my work place? Your employer is not obligated to pay you for anything related to your WC claim but their WC insurance carrier may be.

4. My supervisor told me that I need to set my appointments up for after I get off work. Most employers require employees to schedule doctor and other appointments outside of their work hours if at all possible.

Comment

Thanks beth

I read in the labor law book under WC where it states the mileage must be pay. But unsure if it is from WE or EP.

Comment

Mileage would be paid by the insurer, not the employer directly.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X