X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when does w/c have to start paying for missed work Pennsylvania

too much info
    Last edited by rear-ended; 08-07-2009, 10:25 PM.

The days need not be consecutive but you must have been taken off work by a doctor. If you just felt poorly and took the day off without seeking medical treatment or having a doctor state that you could not work, WC isn't going to cover the time.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Doctor's Approval

Not sure of your state laws, but in Calif...First and far most, where your ER is in a Medical Provider Network, the MPN must be the doctor that has authorization to dismiss you from work. Not unless you go to an "emergency room", when you have "no choice" but to be seen my the emergency. You cannot just go to "any" doctor and get authorization to miss work. Okay that being said. Let's say you go to the MPN doctor's at 2am March 31 doctor's say's you cannot return to work for this day, return to work following day. The entire day of March 31 is considered one full day for means of TTD. Although you worked from 8am to 1:30pm, this is for ER leave purposes. But for WC purpose the entire day is counted if Doc's sends you home. Hope this helps.

Comment

Every states laws are different.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerspice15 View Post
          Not sure of your state laws, but in Calif...First and far most, where your ER is in a Medical Provider Network, the MPN must be the doctor that has authorization to dismiss you from work. Not unless you go to an "emergency room", when you have "no choice" but to be seen my the emergency. You cannot just go to "any" doctor and get authorization to miss work. Okay that being said. Let's say you go to the MPN doctor's at 2am March 31 doctor's say's you cannot return to work for this day, return to work following day. The entire day of March 31 is considered one full day for means of TTD. Although you worked from 8am to 1:30pm, this is for ER leave purposes. But for WC purpose the entire day is counted if Doc's sends you home. Hope this helps.
          That would not apply to the OP. It is only true in CA.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X