This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlevonny View Post
    I have done nothing that would justify termination (I was badly hurt on the job through NO fault of my own caring for sick patients), therfore I am still employed there.

If you are referring to my question - I was out on disability only, not family and medical leave act.

I thought the complete opposite. If the handbook is silent, there is nothing that specifies that and therefore I would think I was entitled to that. If I was not entitled to that, I would think it would be clearly stated in the employee handbook. My purpose in posting here was that someone would possibly know the law on that and could possibly refer me to something documented. Sorry for the inconvience in posting in this thread but I figured it would be stupid to post a new subject for this subject when all I could do is add to it and someone would reply instead of making a new thread for a question similar to one already asked. Sorry for your inconvience.
    1. It is all one and the same. Even assuming you and your employer qualify for FMLA, the longest they have to hold your job is 12 weeks. After that point, they can terminate you. Those 12 weeks are the only guaranteed job protection you are afforded. They held it much longer than that.

2. If the law or handbook doesn't spell it out, then it is up to the employer entirely. You aren't going to find a law that states that they may do something, as not every possible employment decision could be codified. What you will find is an absence of a law that says you can not do something. If not law says you can not, you can.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

If you were badly hurt on the job, why weren't you getting any WC pay?

Comment

It sounds like the employer uses PTO to supplement the 2/3 received from WC.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
          It sounds like the employer uses PTO to supplement the 2/3 received from WC.
          Ah, I see. Thanks Elle.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X