This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if I lose? Pennsylvania

I simultaneously worked for three companies the first part of 2006. Company a company b and company c we will call them. I voluntarily quit at company a and company b. I defended myself against a painful and unprovoked physical assault by Company C's supervisor and was fired. I then had company C's supervisor locked up. He was later convicted of a felony assault on emergency personnel(me). I applied for unemployment and was granted UE. Later Company C challenged my claim and I went to a hearing with them. I presented evidence that I had made more than 16 times my base week at a subsequent employer since my employment at Company C, and that my employer had been convicted of a felony assault upon me. I in fact refused to refer to him in any manner other than "This convicted felon." during the hearing. The refferee stopped the hearing and asked how much money Ihad made at another employer I showed her the documents, and she ended it. Now these jerks are appealing. What If I just don't show up since my wages arepart of the case and are in the file? I am not entirely certain I can occupy the same room with them in a peaceful manner.

Originally posted by Stridor View Post
    I simultaneously worked for three companies the first part of 2006. Company a company b and company c we will call them. I voluntarily quit at company a and company b. I defended myself against a painful and unprovoked physical assault by Company C's supervisor and was fired. I then had company C's supervisor locked up. He was later convicted of a felony assault on emergency personnel(me). I applied for unemployment and was granted UE. Later Company C challenged my claim and I went to a hearing with them. I presented evidence that I had made more than 16 times my base week at a subsequent employer since my employment at Company C, and that my employer had been convicted of a felony assault upon me. I in fact refused to refer to him in any manner other than "This convicted felon." during the hearing. The refferee stopped the hearing and asked how much money Ihad made at another employer I showed her the documents, and she ended it. Now these jerks are appealing. What If I just don't show up since my wages arepart of the case and are in the file? I am not entirely certain I can occupy the same room with them in a peaceful manner.
    Well, you weren't assaulted by your employer. You were assaulted by an employee of the employer. However, if you don't show up, you will certainly lost your case.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by moburkes View Post
      Well, you weren't assaulted by your employer. You were assaulted by an employee of the employer. However, if you don't show up, you will certainly lost your case.
      Actually, yes, I was assaulted by the owner of the company that employed me. Isn't there some way I can just say that I have no other information to add, and that everything I would have to say has been made a part of the record? I have never been to appeal before, but isn't that the way that even criminal appeals work?

Comment

But this isn't a criminal appeal. It's a UI appeal, and for a UI appeal, the side that doesn't show up almost inevitably loses.

If you want the benefits, you're going to have to show up.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Stridor View Post
          Actually, yes, I was assaulted by the owner of the company that employed me. Isn't there some way I can just say that I have no other information to add, and that everything I would have to say has been made a part of the record? I have never been to appeal before, but isn't that the way that even criminal appeals work?
          I'm not sure. I apologize, though. I thought I read somewhere in there that he was a supervisor at that company.
          Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Oh well, sweat dries, blood clots, and bones heal. I guess I'll just grab myself a can of BS and a straw and suck it up.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X