Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wife passed away prior to closing case, afterwads family received nothing. Legal? California

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wife passed away prior to closing case, afterwads family received nothing. Legal? California

My wife passed away near her settlement. W/C closed her case without any pay to my kids and I. Attorney promised to help us in opening a new case to benefit our boys. Case was for my wife passing while treatment of doctors. Our only hopefully case was denied in court. Attorney did not continue to help us.
    Very confused with these CA laws and statue of limitations. Any advise will be very helpfull. Thank you!

Your post is slightly confusing. You're talking as if we already know who you are, and the facts behind your words.

Your wife was injured at work, and was on worker's compensation. You're in California. Her case was never finalized, and you are looking for information about the settlement since she has now passed. Did she die from the injury caused at work, or wasn't it related? What case was denied in court? How long ago did she pass? When was she injured?

Sorry about your loss, by the way.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Ditto. Whether you are entitled to anything or not hinges on whether her death was a result of her injuries and whether or not there were any outstanding medicals or lost time that were not paid before her death. If you can answer the questions posted above, I can help point you in the right direction.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X