This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joec
    I think you should get on the Union and file a grievance, there should be a procedure in place 3 or 4 step procedure before it goes to arbitration.
    The union may not want to arbitrate this,it sounds like an internal matter. Being a shop steward you should be well aware of the grievance procedure.
    JoeC
    My thoughts on this are to file it based on the seniority requirements, and the fact that I bid for my 3rd shift schedule. I don't know if they will accept that but, maybe they will try.

Thank you for the statute, Elle.

Comment

you should talk to a wc attorney from your state.
      in ny state we can get reduced earnings if due to our injury we cant perform the job , and due to this are paid less.
      another option check your std plan, it may have been possible to just stay out for a couple weeks , do your pt and receive full pay with the differential(contract will specify this) , and return to work when you are 100%

Comment

Originally posted by nynyny View Post
        you should talk to a wc attorney from your state.
        in ny state we can get reduced earnings if due to our injury we cant perform the job , and due to this are paid less.
        another option check your std plan, it may have been possible to just stay out for a couple weeks , do your pt and receive full pay with the differential(contract will specify this) , and return to work when you are 100%
        STD plan? I am not sure what that is, sorry.

Comment

short term disability

Comment

Short Term Disability

Just a reminder that STD policies are not mandatory in CT the way they are in NY. While it's by no means impossible that there is one, it's not guaranteed.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
              Since you aren't performing the same job duties you already are working outside the contract. The union agreement I can almost guarantee only applies while you are performing your regular job without restrictions. .

this is incorrect, your union contract covers you as long as your an employee of the company.

Comment

You would still be in the union, but most policies are in effect only while in your current capacity. If someone transfers to a different position, the same rules for the old don't necessarily apply. Most are fairly strict on what duties someone may and may not perform within a certain job. Once you step outside of those boundaries, either due to injury or some other reason, typically the rules about what you can and can not do follow.

Most every STD plan excludes accidents sustained at work. Assuming there is a STD policy in place, collecting benefits for a work injury is very unlikely.

If you are medically unable to work full time, you may be eligible for temporary partial disability, but that isn't going to cover the full wage loss nor is it available unless the reason for that loss is the medical inability to work.
                I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X