This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpm419 View Post
    I understand it is job placement but am I correct when I say it also pays a percentage of the difference in pay from what you made before the injury? In NY I think I was told 80%
    i dont think so, max WC payment in nys is still 400 a week.
    i haven't heard of wc injured workers going to vesid get any more money that their wc payment.
    wc is very tricky , you always get less without a lawyer,
    i am not a lawyer, just been there done that and read a lot of case and info from nys wc lawyers.

Comment

Actually, legislation was just passed to raise the benefit maximums in NY. There is a 3 year phase in, of $100 per year.

NY is also a reverse offset state so any SSDI reduce the WC award. This article explains how it works and how the 80% figures in http://www.jjcelderlaw.com/SSDIOffsetMSABull.htm
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

all workers comp claims filed before the new legislation goes into effect are under the old rules. if your under the old rules there will be no raises or caps on lifetime benefits.
        the new legislation is due to be signed 7/01/07.
        all case initiated before then will be under the old rules too.

Comment

I should have clarified that any existing claims would fall under the new rules, but for those new claims, yes the law was finally changed after more than a decade in NY.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X