X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stridor
    replied
    I'll sign a release at my docs office and have him ask for them.

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    I'm not sure why the doctor would be so difficult but sometimes just putting the request in writing helps. As I said, worst case scenario you can get a subpeona and request the records that way but it shouldn't take that.

Leave a comment:

• Stridor
    replied
    The company doc refuses to provide the records. I am only referring to the medical end of it. The employer only has the report of injury, what was done internally as far as time off, referral to industrial medicine etc. When I ask the company they showed me all they had and it was just admin stuff. I hadn't thought about asking the insurance company to get them to my doc. Anyway the company doctors office is being a real pain about it so I guess I will try the back door approach.

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    Who are all the "theys"? I guarantee the insurance carrier has the records. If you have been told to approach the company about the records, have you done so? Are these just medical records we are talking about or the full file with the report of injury and other documents? It makes a huge difference.

Leave a comment:

• Stridor
    replied
    Nope they just flat out refuse to give them to me period. They tell me to see my employer and ask them for them. They do not have them, therefore can not give them to me.

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    Have you been asked to sign an authorization for the records? That is the most common practice for getting the records released. Any records related to a WC claim are not covered by HIPAA, nor are they company property. Worst case scenario, the records can be subpeonaed as they are part of the claim, but that is a last resort.

Leave a comment:

• Stridor
    started a topic Medical records Pennsylvania

Medical records Pennsylvania

I got hurt in June of last year and went to see the company doc. The company doc stopped treating me in december when I left that company, and I now get my treatment from my personal doc and the company pays. My doctor needs the records from the company doc and he won't surrender them saying they belong to my employer. What do I do here, because the recods don't "belong" to anyone and they concern my health.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X