Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Slow to treat California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Slow to treat California

    I work for a hospital that has its own occupational health, so when I hurt my shoulder on the job in a fall I was required to see the Nurse Practioner there. I knew when I fell that I had done more than sprain my arm (which is what the NP claimed). It has been a month since my initial injury and I have limited range of motion, around 50%. The NP had me do 6 sessions of physical therapy, which I really couldn't do because my arm will not rise, not just painful, it just wont do it. My question is how long do I have to be yanked around by this yahoo before something gets done about my arm? They returned me to light duty the day after injury. I had an x-ray of my shoulder the night of my injury, which showed my arm isn't broken, and an MRI last Wed that was deemed inconclusive. The NP's response was, "well we'll just keep trying". I want to see an orthopedic MD, but he (the NP) says its too early for that. What is my recourse?

  • #2

    You can find the answers at the links above.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


    • #3
      thanks, those help


      • #4
        If it's been 30 days since your date of injury, you have the right to designate your own primary treating physician. You also have the right to ask to see a physician rather than an NP.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.