This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York

I fell on my job 4 years ago. i finally went this year for surgery on my hip. i had extensive surgery done. i have been out for 12 weeks , i was tolded if i do not return i have to pay 1300.00 for health benifits . i am, still using my sick time and than workers comp. are they by law able to do this when it was there neglect on sanding the parking lot?

Yes, once you have been out for the 12 weeks, your employer may charge you for the full cost of the insurance premium.

I'm wondering though why you are using your sick leave instead of collecting TTD.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Thanks For Your Answer. The School District Has You Use Up Your Sick Time First .than Comp. Is Suppose To Reimburst You Some Of It Back. Thats What They Tolded Me.

Comment

It sounds like you are using sick leave to make sure you get timely checks and then the leave is restored once the check comes in from the WC carrier. We do the same as the checks from the carrier are not always the most timely. The check is then signed over to us and payroll makes the proper tax adjustments. We also do allow employees to use sick leave to cover the balance of the wages that WC does not. (Right now I know Patty our resident payroll guru is cringing).
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
          (Right now I know Patty our resident payroll guru is cringing).
          cringe, cringe, cringe
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

did you fill out a NYS workers comp C3 injury claim with NYS workers comp dept within 2 years of your injury?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X