Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

fla workers comp ? Florida

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fla workers comp ? Florida

    if i work two jobs but get injured on one of them and cant work one job or both ///how is that figured out?

  • #2
    It's not. Only the employer on whose job you were injured would file a workers comp claim. The other employer is not involved.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      My company learned this the hard way.

      Part-time security guard, worked eight hours a weekend and was injured on the job. He was out of work for us and for his full-time job (which, as a machinist, paid considerably more per hour than the security gaurd job).

      He was compensated for being out of work based upon the combined pay of the two jobs. The costs of the claim, of course, were charged to my company only.
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.


      • #4
        How and even if this is calculated varies by state.

        Here is the link to the FL statute 440.14 Determination of pay.-- URL=Ch0440/SEC14.HTM&Title=->2006->Ch0440->Section%2014#0440.14
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.