This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a second opinion been done now?? Indiana

does any one know if there is a way for me to get a second opinion without it costing me alot of money. My attoney says that I would have to pay for a second impairment rating test if i didn't think the first one was right.
    Here's the catch, the doctor who did the impairment rating is the same doctor who did the surgery and also two months later drain out 45ml of fluid and injected my knee with cortizone. (I told my attoney that the doctor is being bais and was not giving me any chance. I was fire and was unable to get another job because the restrictions i was on. plus now I can't even do the work that I've done for fifteen years.) I still got the same responce from my lawyer, $1000 for second opinion. (also he knows that I lost everything because I was unable to work another job because of those restrictions.) I have been cleared of those restrictions for three months now and still have alot of pain in the knee.
    does anyone have information that would be useful to me.

It is highly unusual for the treating physician to be the one to rate you but it is permitted. Any second opinion would be at your cost. The WC carrier isn't going to pay for a contrary opinion. Most often this cost is taken out of the final award, not paid up front. Ask your lawyer if this is possible.

It is also possible that your lawyer, who has a lot more to gain if you get a higher rating someplace else, sees your current rating as fair and unlikely to change.

If you are unable to do the same type of work you used to do, I'd ask your attorney about the possibility of voc rehab benefits.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X