Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



    I was injured at work in Sept 06. I hurt my knee and the Dr has now said I need surgery on that knee (as of 12/5/06). Since I made the WC claim, Ive gotten nothing but harrassment at work from my superiors. Ive talked to the HR Director and also made follow up calls and emails, to no avail. Nothing has been addressed and recently the Pres of my division told my boss to "get him out of there". I now cannot get ANY cooperation from my WC rep, HR, or the administrator of our WC plan. I need this surgery and I need my job but it appears that theyre not going to help me with surgery approval and are trying to force me out. HELP!!! Do I have any recourse? They are currently interviewing for my replacement before they even fire me, AND WE ALL KNOW IT'S FOR FILING THAT CLAIM. Nice tact!! Do I have any recourse?

  • #2
    There's really no need to post your question twice. When someone who is knowledgeable in this area comes along, they'll respond. Be patient.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      LOL -Sorry about that


      • #4
        You can file issues with the state WC Commission if you aren't able to get this resolved through the carrier. It is illegal to fire you because you filed a WC claim. It is not illegal to fire you for other reasons.

        Straight from the state website

        If you have issues with any part of your claim, the state has a benefit review system that assists employees with resolving disputes with workers' compensation claims. The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development's Workers' Compensation Division can be contacted at 1-800-332-COMP (2667) (TDD) or 615-532-4812.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


        • #5
          I've contacted them at the # below and they seem like theyre willing to help. Thanks for the info.


          The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.