This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeyWiz View Post

If what you are saying is true, then Section 8.b.1 and 8.b.2 are both there simply to TRICK people into declining cheap pay offers for light duty so that the Insurance Company can deny their claim. Or is there some overriding Law which is not made known to me which allows an employer to offer any wage they want to an injured party? The way you are telling me, they could offer me $1 an hour, which if I accepted, would bring my compensation down to an average of 66 2/3% of the average between $1 an hour and $29.94 an hour which is $10.47 an hour. This all seems to be very underhanded if true.
    Of course I learned a long time ago that the law has nothing to do with justice, so you could be right, I just can't find the relitive law that says this can be done the way you are saying.

It makes me wonder if anyone here is actually a lawyer, and if not, your OPINIONS are worthless.
    Calm down there buddy, Let the pain meds kick in. Mornings are a bear for me also.

Insurance laws are lobbied for by the insurance industry. Their interpritation is slanted toward the insured. The way I read it, your math is backwards. 66% of the difference between $1 and $29.94 is $20.42. (or so) having been in your position, I can understand the pain. I live with it every day, and get much less than you do.

My only fun now is substituting for the problem school classes.

There seem to be several "new" posters that have a problem playing well with others. They do not understand that for you the problem is personal, it is YOUR life! Now might be the time you should look into rehab. A new career might be what is needed. This is the point where you look into getting a degree in something that you always were interested in. I like to talk, so I went for a degree in communication.
    BS in Public Relations and Communications. I love that title!

School and classwork helped keep my mind off of the pain. Now all I need is my Masters, and it is full time teaching. Class of 09 at 49 years old.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by stiffnecked View Post
      Since you don't like anyone's FREE advice given here I would suggest that you go and hire an attorney to represent you. You are more than free to do that. All you have to do is let your fingers do the walking through the yellow pages of your local phone book. Probably tons of lawyers in Nevada who would love to take your case and eventually your money as well. Good luck.

Thanks for your worthless two cents, it really helps clear things up about this site.
      BTW as I posted yesterday, after seeing the uh-hum Quality of the responces here I did in fact hire a lawyer.

Comment

Then you don't need us, do you?

I don't see any value to keeping this thread alive.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X