This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Notice

I'm from Virginia and I been on workers comp. for 8 months with a back injury. I was on light duty when I first got injured and I tried but I could not do it. I had a IME back in September and according to my employer I could do light duty once again per IME. My treating doctor still does not want me to work. I called my employer and told them I still wasnt released by my doctor. I received a letter in the mail with my IME report, which the Ime doctor totally lied about checking me and said in the report that I have no pain, disability is mild etc. The letter also says modification of compensation.

-What does modification of compensation mean?
    -If they are going to stop my benefits how long will that take?
    -My doctor tells me not to return yet and IME says light duty so who will the judge side with?
    -I have to eventually go through surgery, will they pay for that in the future?

I just want to be treated fairly and my medical taken care of, I been with my company for 15 yrs and now they are treating my bad.

Any help would be great

-What does modification of compensation mean?

You'll have to read the letter to be sure but this is likely the notice that explains that you will not be receiving TTD any longer. Typically if the IME says you can work, and your employer is willing to employ you, you are not eligible for benefits.

-If they are going to stop my benefits how long will that take?

It takes no time at all to not cut someone a check.

-My doctor tells me not to return yet and IME says light duty so who will the judge side with?

I'm not the judge (or more accurately Deputy Commissioner) so I can not tell you what that person will decide. I will say that as the goal is to get the injured worker back to work, if the IME says you can work and your employer has a job for you, you do have an uphill battle to demonstrate why you can not. Have you discussed light duty with your treating doctor? Has he explained why he doesn't want you working at all? Just because a doctor may be willing to write a note to take you offf work, does not mean it will be upheld. It is usually far better to try than outright refuse. What happened 8 months ago isn't applicable now.

-I have to eventually go through surgery, will they pay for that in the future?

If they find that it is necessary because of the accident you sustained, then yes, it should be covered.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X