This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa WC question

Just wondering if an employer can terminate you from your job (legally) for missing a physical therapy appointment while you were being treated for a work related injury??

Originally posted by ghj View Post
    Just wondering if an employer can terminate you from your job (legally) for missing a physical therapy appointment while you were being treated for a work related injury??
    Were you terminated? If so, what was the reason given for your termination?
    In Solidarity,

Wayne

www.waynemarshall.org

Comment

It would be stupid but nothing in the law prevents them from doing so.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Thanks for your responses. Asking for a friend and yes, he was terminated. It went something like "failure to comply with company standards on workers compensation injuries".

What are your thoughts on wether or not he should continue his PT appointments or does his termination from the company also dismiss his WC claim??
        Last edited by ghj; 12-05-2006, 07:16 PM. Reason: Additional question

Comment

Originally posted by ghj View Post
          Thanks for your responses. Asking for a friend and yes, he was terminated. It went something like "failure to comply with company standards on workers compensation injuries".

What are your thoughts on wether or not he should continue his PT appointments or does his termination from the company also dismiss his WC claim??
          When in doubt, always file a claim. The IOWA Workers' Comp. website is here: http://www.iowaworkforce.org/wc/

Good luck.
          In Solidarity,

Wayne

www.waynemarshall.org

Comment

He should continue with treatment. The claim does not close when you leave the employer.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X