X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElleMD
    replied
    If they worked the holiday they should have been paid for it. That is not the same situation as you.

Leave a comment:

• ScottB
    replied
    Holiday pay is not legally required, so you will get no help from outside the company.

It is common for companies to have a policy requiring you to work the day before and the day after the holiday in order to be paid for it. If the company applied the policy to you, but not to someone else, you could try to point that out. Maybe fairness will rule and the other person will lose the holiday pay.

Leave a comment:

• Goat
    started a topic holiday pay Missouri

holiday pay Missouri

I recently took vacation on over the thanksgiving holiday. I was sick on my last scheduled day prior to my leave, and therefor did not recieve my holiday pay. My policy says that you must work your scheduled day prior and after the holiday to get holiday pay. My questioned is another person on another shift called in on the day before thanksgiving, worked thanksgiving, and recieved holiday pay. We do not get double time for working the holidays. you get the same pay if you work it or not. Anything I can do about this??
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X