Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Doctors Apointment and Employer makes me work... Michigan

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Doctors Apointment and Employer makes me work... Michigan

    I have a Workman's Comp Claim and I had another Doctor's appointment. It was for last week on Monday, I gave my employer a written notice of it a week before hand. Two days before my appointment (Saturday) he gave out the weeks hours and I had to work the day of my appointment. I cancelled the appointment and got it for the next Monday. Today (Sunday) we get our hours and I work again and can not go to the appointment.....I gave him a weeks notice on this one too. I told him I had to have the time off and was told to make the time for another day. I then told him I had to go no matter what and was told to go on my Lunch Break and make it fast. What is that?
    Man I am calling my Lawyer in the morning on this one......

  • #2
    Contrary to popular belief, your employer does not need to allow you time off from work to attend doctor's appointments, even if it is WC. No state requires this. You may either follow the regular procedures for any other doctor's appointment, or reschedule the appointment for a time when you are not working. Your employer must allow you to use whatever leave an employee with a non-work related injury would have available. That includes going on your lunch hour if that is what others must do.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.