This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly 7 Weeks After Injury And No Pay Georgia

It has been nearly 7 weeks after I was injuried on the job and I have not received any pay, including WC. In fact, I'm receiving bills from the hospitals and doctors and statements from my company's HR to wait longer. Is there a time limit for the submission of my pay, as all of my bills are not getting paid. My car broke down causing me to miss work some and I can't get it fixed because I have no money.

hmmm

Originally posted by LADYJ32
    It has been nearly 7 weeks after I was injuried on the job and I have not received any pay, including WC. In fact, I'm receiving bills from the hospitals and doctors and statements from my company's HR to wait longer. Is there a time limit for the submission of my pay, as all of my bills are not getting paid. My car broke down causing me to miss work some and I can't get it fixed because I have no money.
    Did you file a report on your injury, and let your doctor know that this was a workers comp claim? If all the necessary paperwork has been filled out, at least in Oregon, they will either accept or deny your claim within 60 days of the day you tell you employer that you wish to file a claim. It may be different in your state. Do you even have a claim number yet?

Comment

Has the claim been filed? You can file directly with the state if need be. If you aren't sure of what is happening with your claim, call the carrier and ask. No one here can tell you why payment may be delayed.

As for the medical bills, check to be sure they were submitted to the proper insurer, or that they were submitted. Most of the problems I see are the result of the office staff billing the incorrect place. Since WC bills go to a different carrier under a different policy than other medical bills would, it is not uncommon for there to be a mix up.

How long were you out of work?
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Yes, the claim has been filed. I did not post here to ask anyone to tell me why the payment is delayed. Instead, I was looking for suggestions (e.g., filing directly with the state). Also, examples of whether this is common (e.g., the office staff billing the incorrect place) and WC bills go to a different carrier under a different policy than other medical bills would, it is not uncommon for there to be a mix up.

Comment

oh...

Sorry poster, from what you put in your original post, I also thought you were asking why the payment was taking so long. Hopefully, if you do as Ellemd said to do, like filing with the state directly, and making sure the billing is being done correctly, you can remedy this a.s.a.p Good luck poster!

Comment

I wouldn't say it is common, but it isn't uncommon either. Have you called the carrier to find out why there is a delay? You also haven't said how long you were out of work. I gather if you have been unable to report due to car problems, you have not been out this entire time due to the injury.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

I was out for nearly two months. I've returned to work two weeks ago. Thanks for all your replies!

Comment

OK, then the time line doesn't make sense. If the injury was 7 weeks ago, and you returned two weeks ago, you couldn't have been out for 2 months. At least not for the work injury. If the timelines don't match, that right there will hold up your claim.

Comment

Regarding the timelines, it has been nearly 7 weeks. I'm not sure what you don't get but let me elaborate: I'm scheduled to return to work within the next two weeks = 18th after being injuried almost two months ago = 6/26.
                  Last edited by LADYJ32; 09-05-2006, 11:57 AM.

Comment

OK, your previous post stated that you returned to work two weeks ago, not you will return in another two weeks. Either way, you need to contact the carrier to see why there is a dealy, we can only guess. And you will need to check with the health care providers to make sure they are billing the proper carrier.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X