Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Florida WC Florida

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Florida WC Florida

    My employer required me to do a job that was not under the company's license. (It was a favor for his friend) but, it was done on company time and I was paid for it. Of course, I was injured doing this job and have suffered disc herniation in my back and injured vertabrae in my neck. The company refused to file WC on the injury, but did send me to a chiropractor (which hurt more than it helped) and paid for it. I have been out of work for two months and have had to hire a lwyer. The big problem is that after two months I have received an MRI and visit to a neurosurgeon, and plenty of pain pills, and am waiting for surgery and I have not received any pay! I am broke, I lost my car because I couldn't make the payments, and I am in excruciating pain. What is the hold up???? I could lose my home if this continue for any more time and am totally unable to work because of the injury. My lawyer has been of no help in answering my questions, they just keep shoving paperwork under my nose. I could have filed for welfare or something by now! I am at my wits end. What can I do???

  • #2
    Talk to your lawyer or find another one. Seriously, there isn't anything we here can do for you and if you are represented by counsel then your concerns need to be addressed to them.

    If you haven't filed a claim for WC, then you need to discuss doing so with your lawyer. Without doing that, there is no way the WC carrier is going to pay for your time off work.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.