This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wc and fertility treatments

Looking for any information about workers comp covering fertility treatments. The fertility issue is 100% related to my husband's serious injury. The insurance co has agreed three times to fully cover all treatments but when it came time to get that in writing, they now say they need to speak with their attorneys. Is there any hope?

I recommend that you contact your state's workers compensation board. Without knowing where you're located, I can't provide the appropriate link. If you let me know which state you live in, I'd be happy to direct you to the site and provide you with contact information.

Comment

Fertility Treatments

I did a search on the Internet. I found that there is at least one place where workers compensation covers fertility treatments (Alberta Canada). There are probably more but I didn't dig much further. I did find an interesting article about another couple who is seeking reimbursement for fertility treatments from a workers compensation fund. The article may be found at: http://www.ivfflorida.com/stand_among_friends.html

Let me know how it goes. I'm very interested in learning if you are successful.
      Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
      www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

I'm sorry I should have said I am from Pennsylvania. Thanks for the article. I am looking for anything I can use to try to get this covered. I will hopefully know what our insurance co's attorney says today or tomorrow. Wish me luck and I will keep you informed.

Comment

Fertility Treatments

I do wish you good luck. You may be breaking new ground here so the road may be a little tough. However, I hope that it ends to your satisfaction.
          Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
          www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Just thought I would let you know that after weeks and weeks of our insurance company saying their attorney was looking into it, we were asked to send all invoices of what we had paid for the fertility treatments. A few more weeks later and we recieve a check in the mail for the full amount. We never had to really fight the issue, they just paid. We got very lucky and we are now due to have twins in August!

Comment

Congrats!

Congratulations to you! I am so pleased for you because of your ability to receive payment for fertility treatments AND, last but not least, because of your twins.
              Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
              www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X