Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

concerned daughter in law Texas

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ElleMD
    Not necessarily. The overdoses wouldn't be. It also isn't clear if her claim is still open after so much time. It is highly unsual for one to still be open from 94.

    If her PCP and treating physician don't think she needs treatment, then there isn't anything for WC to pay for.

    Leave a comment:

  • msommer0128
    started a topic concerned daughter in law Texas

    concerned daughter in law Texas

    My mother in law was injured on the job in 1994, spinal fusion, titanium discs, the whole deal...couple of years ago she had a pain management pump surgically imbedded in her body to release morphine directly to the spine, because she could not contral the pain with oral medications, and overdoesed. Since then, she continues to complain to her pcp and her pain management doctor that there is still a great deal of pain, and begs them both to turn up her pump and give her more oral medications. They refuse to re-evaluate her now currently worsened condition. It is in my opinion, that she has developed extreme tolerance to the medications, and needs to be re-evaluated. Recently she overdoed again, trying to overcome the pain and was hospitalized. Are these repeated visits to the ER and the hospital admissions the responsibility of the disability insurance company, since she is trying to control the pain caused from the injury?
    Thanks for your help.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.