Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Workers' Compensation on Pre-existing Injuries

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Workers' Compensation on Pre-existing Injuries

    Back in Nov. '00 I was involved in a mva (hit from behind) and sustained neck injuries. I went through PT, nerve blocks, injections, then finally RF's (radiofrequency neurotomies) in '01 & '02--after second RF, pain went away and no more problems with neck.

    Then in Nov. '01 another mva (hit from behind) and damaged my SI (sacroilliac joint)-rcvd. PT and pain went away in few months. Since then, no problems until several months ago, started having severe back pain & to make a long story short, had a mri which shows hernitated disc and lumbar disc degeneration. Went thru all the treatments possible and now having surgery 30th of this month. I will be having open fusion w/rods & screws.

    Recently, while at work, I had a muscle spasm in my back & when I stood up, the pain went down my leg and I fell, hitting my head on a piece of equipment, bruising my leg and hand and exacerbating the pain in my back tenfold and causing severe neck pain.

    My question is: do I qualify for workman's compensation even though I have pre-existing conditions for back and neck? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by wanabpainfree; 09-16-2004, 06:37 PM. Reason: duplicate posting

  • #2
    Workers Compensation

    I believe I answered your question on the other post. Let me know if you have additional questions.
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.