Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

upset and confused

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • upset and confused

    Hi I live in New York State. Orange Cty. upstate. My husband.s case for Hep.C wa recently establised by workers comp. In the year 2001 my husband was exposed to the virus by an ima te or inmates where he is currently emplyed as a mechanical technician.. Unfortunately, the Year 2002, I tested for the hep. c virus. I need help! Can I also be added onto his workmens compensation case. If someone out there knows the answer, please give me a reply. May God Bless You.

    Sincerely, Debbie

  • #2
    New York

    I'm 99% sure that you will not be covered by workers' compensation benefits. My suggestion is that you talk with the New York workers' compensation board to see if they feel the same. Their website may be found at:

    It's a stretch but you may have an option with OSHA. If the facility did not take sufficient care with protecting the employees and vendors from risk of contracting Hepatitus C, it may be seen as a violation of OSHA. If so, you may have a legal case against the facility. However, as I said, it is a stretch.
    You'll need to talk with an attorney to see if there is any possibility for assistance through that route.

    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.