Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Need Help

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need Help

    Hi, I'm a first timer! I live in the state of California and had an on the job accident in 1999. My case was settled with on-going medical, specifically my back, neck and hips. I did receive a permanent dissability rating and last year had low back surgery. I have been seeing a chiropractor for my neck this year. I just received a letter from the carrier that they had a MRO (a chiro I never saw) reviewed my case and that they are denying ongoing treatment.

    I am aware that there have been changes to the comp system in California but does that apply to cases that had already been settled with on-going medical?

    I do not have an attorney, and really up to this point have felt one was not needed but do I need one now?

  • #2
    California Workers Compensation

    You can appeal the decision. The state of California has a website dedicated to workers compensation, including an overview of the new law. It may be found at:

    After you have reviewed the website, let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.