X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LConnell
    replied
    California Workers Compensation

You can appeal the decision. The state of California has a website dedicated to workers compensation, including an overview of the new law. It may be found at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/WCFaqIW.html

After you have reviewed the website, let me know if you have any other questions.

Leave a comment:

• CAGal
    started a topic Need Help

Need Help

Hi, I'm a first timer! I live in the state of California and had an on the job accident in 1999. My case was settled with on-going medical, specifically my back, neck and hips. I did receive a permanent dissability rating and last year had low back surgery. I have been seeing a chiropractor for my neck this year. I just received a letter from the carrier that they had a MRO (a chiro I never saw) reviewed my case and that they are denying ongoing treatment.

I am aware that there have been changes to the comp system in California but does that apply to cases that had already been settled with on-going medical?

I do not have an attorney, and really up to this point have felt one was not needed but do I need one now?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X