This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused????

I live in San Jose CA. I am currently working for a company and I am affraid that they are going to fire me. I haven't done anything wrong that i know of and a co-worker said that if i get fired i won't be able to get unemployment because my job won't pay it and another said i will get unemployment if i quit. Also if they fire me do they have to have proof or a resson to fire you? Please help me what is the new law and what are my rights????

Unemployment

If you are terminated (fired) and you are not guilty of a gross misconduct, such as theft, violence or safety violations, etc., you probably can get unemployment. You may need to appeal an initial denial, if it is denied. My guess is that you will receive unemployment by doing so.

On the other hand, if you quit, you won't get any unemployment.

You may want to go and talk with your supervisor, asking him/her for assistance. Let him/her know that you are concerned for your job and ask what you can do to retain it. If you ask for help politely, your supervisor is much more likely to want to assist you. You may just end up keeping your job...a far better option than unemployment.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Not Fair

The company i work for is a family owned bussiness so i don't really have any one to go to . One mgr is the bosses brother who is two face about everything, he denies everything i tell him the other doesn't listen to anything i have to say he blows me off and if i go to the owner i', affraid i will get fired. so i have no support from my managers. also if they fire me how do i prove i didn't do anything wrong if they make up write ups and put them in my file. they did that to an employeee who got fired. do they have to tell me by law when they right me up??? IT'S NOT FAIR I'M STUCK!!! I FEEL LIKE NO MATTER WHAT I DO I'M GOING TO LOSE.

Comment

Write Ups

They don't need to tell you when they make notes to your file. On the other hand, the information that they place in the file won't stand up legally that they ever told you of the problems.

You don't have any legal recourse at this point. My suggestion is that you look for another job right away so that you can resign before you are terminated.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X