Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LConnell
    Workers' Compensation

    It is illegal to retaliate against a person filing a workers' compensation claim. If you feel that your claim was the reason for the termination, you should pursue a claim through the state. You can reach the Wisconsin Workers Compensation Division by calling (608) 266-1340.

    Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

    Leave a comment:

  • nikkisue
    started a topic workmanscomp\fired


    I am from wisconsin, I have been having trouble with my fingers on my left hand being numb all of the time. I went to a doctor and filed a wc claim and continued to see my doctor about this. At my workplace they were upset that I had gotten a perscription for this and made me feel like I was doing something wrong because now it was a "recordable injury", as the safety manager had stated to me. I did not see the doctor for a short time and continued with the medicine. It was not working and I told my production manager that I was going to go back to the doctor about this. Well, In the meantime I was fired. They say that they fired me because of communication but I believe that It had alot to do with my injury. My doctor now thinks that I need surgery to move the nurve because it is pinched. I don't know what I should do. I have one more check for severence pay and know with my arm the way that it is I won't be able to find a job that pays what I was making,
    $42,000 a yr.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.