Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • workmanscomp\fired

    I am from wisconsin, I have been having trouble with my fingers on my left hand being numb all of the time. I went to a doctor and filed a wc claim and continued to see my doctor about this. At my workplace they were upset that I had gotten a perscription for this and made me feel like I was doing something wrong because now it was a "recordable injury", as the safety manager had stated to me. I did not see the doctor for a short time and continued with the medicine. It was not working and I told my production manager that I was going to go back to the doctor about this. Well, In the meantime I was fired. They say that they fired me because of communication but I believe that It had alot to do with my injury. My doctor now thinks that I need surgery to move the nurve because it is pinched. I don't know what I should do. I have one more check for severence pay and know with my arm the way that it is I won't be able to find a job that pays what I was making,
    $42,000 a yr.

  • #2
    Workers' Compensation

    It is illegal to retaliate against a person filing a workers' compensation claim. If you feel that your claim was the reason for the termination, you should pursue a claim through the state. You can reach the Wisconsin Workers Compensation Division by calling (608) 266-1340.

    Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.