Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Texas Workers Comp - Need Help

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Texas Workers Comp - Need Help

    My husband hurt his knee on the job. His company had a private insurance company who handled his claim and he was getting paid while he was out of work and had to have surgery. He had the surgery and went through rehab and his knee to this day is still not right. His surgeon also moved out of state. His company laid him off while he was in rehab. They closed there entire office down.

    He is in pain everyday, regardless of if he sits, stands, lays down. He received a 1% impairment by the workers comp doctor who states his knee will never recover fully, he will never run again. And that is supposed to be OK? They also did not settle with him in fact they told him they over paid him.
    And we owe them money.

    He is unable to go back to work doing anything he is qualified for since his knee is not any better.

    Is there anything we possibly do?

  • #2
    Workers Compensation

    The private insurer will have an appeal process. You should contact them and ask for information.

    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    • #3
      Texas workers comp - Need Help

      He had a doctors appointment today to go and get looked at by someone other than a workers comp doctor. The doctors office called him today
      informing him that workers comp has closed his claim and will not be
      paying for any other doctor visits.
      He was going to go see another doctor inorder to process the appeal.

      The private insurance company doesn't want to do anything.


      • #4
        Private insurance

        I'm sure the insurer wouldn't want to do anything...they would rather not make the payments.

        If you feel that you are not getting your due process, then you may contact the Texas Workers Compensation Commission. It's website is:

        They will be able to answer your questions regarding non-payment by an insurer.

        Let me know if you have any other questions.
        Lillian Connell

        Forum Moderator


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.