Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nebraska law for payment of unused vacation upon involuntary termination of employee

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska law for payment of unused vacation upon involuntary termination of employee

I'm writing this in behalf of my wife who is an RN in Nebraska. After years of service at The Lutheran Home in Omaha, she was involuntarily terminated and was told that they did not have to pay her for any unused vacation time. This seems wrong to me, as that was vacation time she had already earned. Anyone know if this is true? I've been searching the web for some time now, but have not been able to find an answer.

Thanks for any help.

Under Nebraska law, vacation time is due at termination IF there is an agreement in place and the terms of the agreement have been adhered to by the employee.

But if no previous agreement that vacation will be paid out exists, vacation pay is not due.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X