Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Can't get last check

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't get last check

    I quit working for my employer because he did not have steady work and I was not making enough money, but he still owes me money. He says that he will not give it to me because there are still service calls I have to do, but nothing was said about these service calls until I quit and ask for my final paycheck. I offered to do the service calls (which I have never gotten paid for because it was an error on my part) and then he would give me my check. He will not agree to that and says if he has to do them he is not paying me, but part of the money he owes me is for me doing 2 of his service calls last weekend. I am in Virginia is there anything I can do to force him to give me my money.

  • #2
    Yes, you can file a complaint with the VA Department of Labor.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.