This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asked to leave early following resignation

I work in Michigan, and I recently was asked to leave my job early just two days into my two week notice period. The history of the situation is this: I request three days vacation this week, and was approved. After the vacation was approved, I was offered a new position at a different agency, which I accepted. I then submitted two weeks notice. Upon meeting with the VP of HR, she informed me that if I was to take the vacation days that I had been approved for, she would require that my last day be yesterday, and would not pay me beyond that point. The other option I had was to skip the vacation days and work through the two weeks. I legitimately needed the vacation days, and was not able to work them. Therefore, she forced my only available decision of quitting early. I would like to know if the company is responsible to pay for the vacation days that were approved, and also if they are responsible to pay for the entire two weeks, which I would have worked, had she not forced my hand. Thanks!

I would like to know if the company is responsible to pay for the vacation days that were approved Only if the company has a policy of paying earned but unused vacation upon separation.

and also if they are responsible to pay for the entire two weeks, which I would have worked, had she not forced my hand. No.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X