This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unfair pay cuts

I am a server in new york city who works in a restaurant that pools all the tips. In this restaurant, servers get a full cut, runners get a 75% cut, and bussers get a 50% cut. I was called to the manager's office and was told that they will deduct my tip cut to 75% because they feel that I should have some attitude adjustments at work. They were not able to give me specific instances as to when my attitude was bad. Moreover, this policy of deduct tip cuts has not been made known to anyone prior to this point. They said during our meeting that this is a new policy. Is this legal? Can they dock my pay without having previously made this form of punishment a formal procedure at the restaurant? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X