This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work and school is MS

My child is a senior in High School and works at a fast food place in evenings. For past couple of weeks he has been told to stay late and work for various reasons on a school night. He normally goes in at 4 and supposed to get off at 10 but they been working him until midnight or even 1 am. Isn't there a certain time students are supposed to be off? He enjoys the job and doesn't want to lose it so he doesn't say anything...but I'm a concerned parent so I will.

Actually, it doesn't appear that your son's employer violated any state regulations. See here: http://www.dol.gov/esa/programs/whd/state/nonfarm.htm
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X