Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

breaks and lunch

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • breaks and lunch

    I live in Springfield,Missouri. My employer gives us two 15 min breaks paid and one 30 min lunch unpaid. I've always taken a 1 hr lunch and skiped breaks morning / afternoon. The management tells me law requires me two 15 min breaks morning / afternoon. does it matter when i take them.

  • #2
    It does if the employer says so. The employer has the legal right to set your working hours, when you take your breaks, and when you take your lunch, regardless of whether the law requires it or not.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      lunch & breaks

      thanks for the reply. does missouri or federal law require breaks or lunch for a 8hr day. if so were can i find it in writing.


      • #4
        Neither Federal nor Missouri law requires breaks of any kind for adult employees.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


        • #5

          thank you my last Q is if osha has any requirements on lunchs or breaks


          • #6
            OSHA may have requirements on breaks for people who are operating certain types of machinery. You might try checking the OSHA website at
            I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!


            The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.