Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay for work hours worked BEFORE hire?

I work in Virginia as a restaurant manager, an exempt salaried position.

I have been applying for similar jobs recently, and was surprised to find out that the hiring process for places such as Panera Bread, Au Bon Pain, McDonald's etc require an "in store experience" before a hiring decision is made. Most of them are a couple of hours but I just found out that one of the places I applied requires an 8 hour "experience" and another requires 3! 8 hour days.
    The company that requires 3 days does pay, I am not sure how much but at least minimum wage.
    None of the company's that require a 3 hour "experience" pay and I don't believe that the 1 day company pays.
    Is this situation addressed anywhere in the wage laws?
    Also, I am curious as I have not been in the job market for quite awhile; Is this a widespread practice?
    Thanks guys!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X