This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey of state laws

I'm trying to put together an informational piece of literature for a training I'm doing. Does anyone (perhaps cbg?) know of (or generously willing to share):

(1) a list of states that require mandatory meal and/or rest breaks, in their wage and hour laws, and
    (2) a list of states that require overtime pay for all hours over 8 in a day (as opposed to only 40 in a week). California is the only one I know of.

Thanks in advance!
    Posted by Mark Reynolds. Labor and employment attorney.

Nothing herein should be construed as legal advice. It is for public informational purposes only, does not create an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon in making decisions.

Mark, I believe cbg purchases some sort of all-State employment law/statute guide and she may be able to give you the name of that publication.

Plan B would be to check the DOL websites of each State and see if they have a statute on rest/meal breaks and daily overtime (which is what I do when individual questions arise.) Many of the States have an employment law FAQ section that include basic questions like this - although there are others where finding even the most basic employment law information is challenging.

Comment

Marco, send me a PM. I am doing a similar project for a client and may be able to provide you with a fair amount of information.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X