This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving The Buliding????

I Live In Wahoo Nebraska And I Work For An Assisted Living Facility. We Recently Obtained New Management And She Decided That We Have To Still Clock Out For A 30 Min Break After Every 5 Hours Worked But We Are No Longer Permitted To Leave The Building. This Just Does Not Seam Right. Can You Tell Me What The Law Is Concernong This? Thanks -nnoha

What is the reasoning given?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Leaving The Building???

Ok First There Are Only 3 Girls "on The Floor" For Day Shift And 2 Girld For Evening Shift And Over Night There Is Only One Girl. So The Only Reason I Have Ever Been Given Is That She Does Not Want Any Worker To Be Left Alone In The Building But As I Already Said The Overnight Girl Is By Herself For 9 Hours And She Never Has A Responce When Someone Mentions That. So She Is Pretty Much Is Doing It To Be A Witch.

Comment

She appears to be concerned for your safety, even though she might not necessarily be treating all employees the same way. Are you subject to being called back to work when you are on your lunch break?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Everyone Is Pretty Much Subject To Be Called In At All Times. The Over Night Girl Would Have To Call Someone To Help Her If She Needed. My Point Is There Was No Reason For Her To Just Decide This And I Want To Know If It Is Legal Or Not And If You Can Not Tell Me How Do I Find Out ?

Comment

Nathannoha, do you suppose you could make it easier for us to read your posts by not capitalizing every word? Thanks.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If I am understanding the situation correctly, it is not illegal. Unless you are being treated differently SOLELY because of a protected characteristic such as age, gender, ethic origin, race, religion, etc., while it may or may not be discrimination, it would not be illegal discrimination.

Comment

But There Is Nothing Wrong With Making Us Clock Out For 30 Mins And Telling Us We Have To Stay In The Building. Because Most Of Us Have Not Been Clocking Out Because We Feel Its Our Time And If Your Going To Tell Us What We Can And Can Not Do With It Than You Can Pay Us For It.and There Is A Meeting Comming Up In A Couple Of Days And Im Sure We Will Get Talked To About It And I Plan To Say All That I Mentioned Above And The Over Nights Ect. And I Think She Will Back Off.i Would Have Loved To Find Out That It Was Against The Law Too But I Think I Have A Leg To Stand On Even With Out "the Law".

Comment

Okay, I'll be a little more blunt.

Nathannoho; STOP CAPITALIZING EVERY WORD IN YOUR POSTS. It makes them very hard to read.

If you cannot comply with the rules, you will not be allowed to post here.
                  The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X