Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assigned work but given no time to accomplish.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigned work but given no time to accomplish.

State of North Carolina
    I work for a company that expects supervisors to supervise employees that they never work with. The supervisors are hourly employees. The company requires the supervisor to perform customer experience evaluations for each sales person. Two are required for each employee. We are also required to have business plans completed by a certain day each week and they must be typed. I have explained to my bosses as have the other Supervisors that we are not scheduled with anyone and therefore are not allowed to get off of the sales floor to accomplish thses tasks. If we don't have these completed we receive a written warning. If we take them home and do a sheet to account for our time, they write us up. If we work more hours than we are scheduled to accomplish these tasks, they write us up.

What can be done about this hostile environment where the managers are unreasonable and just tell us to get it done? We are in a catch 22 since the company claims that it is focused on the customer. We are tired of the poor treatment.

This company is currently being sued in a class action suit in California.

This sounds, on its face, unfair and very poor management practice. However, it is not illegal. Maybe it's time to look for a new employer who has more reasonable expectations.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

BTW, the term "hostile work environment" has a very specific meaning in the law and what you describe does not come even remotely close to meeting it.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X