This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Contract

I am a new RN in Iowa. I received my license the 2nd of Nov. I had been employed by the same company since Sept. 2004, working as an LPN until I received my RN license. The day before I received my license I signed a contract stateing what my hourly wage would be. Mind you this is Home Care. I would travel to different towns as well as stay local. My contract states my wage and per policy/mile. I was told that policy per mile was when I was driving my own car. I would work 8 hr. days and sometimes drive 60 min. My employer paid my hourly wage for two months and then decided to knock my drive time down to minimum wage. There are other RN's that get the hourly wage travel time. When I asked her about it she stated that she does no get reimbersed for travel time. My contract does not state anywhere that my travel time is not my hourly wage. Can she break the contract without notice? Contract also states that she can write new contract at any time with 15 days written notice to employee. I received no notification. Also I am wondering about all the travel time I spent as an LPN. I gave my two week notice and am no longer working there.What can I do? This shorted my check over $100. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Upset in Iowa
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X