This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL - commissions after termination

I voluntarily left an employer based in FL, but worked from AL. I have about six months worth of sales that I am still due commissions on (employer is a manufacturer's rep who paid us after being paid by the vendor which results in the 6 month delay.) I believe I am due the commissions on these closed sales even though my former employer did/will not receive pay from his vendor until after my termination date. The correspondence from my employer stating I would be paid x% commission did not say I had to be employed at the time payment was made in order to be eligible to be paid. The employer is now making noises that he does not want to pay me for these commissions since I am no longer his employee. Am I due these commissions? My expectation is that I should be paid as the employer is paid by the vendors for the sales I closed. I was on a base plus commission pay scheme.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X