This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salaried employee in GA

I worked for a company in Georgia that typically reduces it's salaried employee's final paycheck to minimum wage, and am expecting the same thing to happen to mine. The owner would also reduce an hourly employees pay down to minimum wage if they left (with or without notice). Anyone know anything about this?

Nothing in the law prohibits this action. In most states you would have to be notified of this policy before they could do it; however, I doubt that Georgia has such a requirement and even if they do, since you clearly know about it it's almost certainly legal.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Yes, but if an exempt employee, the "minimum wage" must be the salaried minimum of $455/week, prorated to $91/day for a 5-day work week.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X