This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over payment

My employer over paid me on my commissions. I am paid a salary with commisions. I was told that I would be getting a raise on my commissions and would be paid what every one else was being paid. When I got my last pay stub (on Direct deposit) it showed the raise I was expecting. The day after my boss sent me an email telling me that it was a mistake and that he will be taking it out of my next two checks. If he does that I will not have a pay check. I have read that they can't take anything out of my pay unless I ok it. Also, I believe I don't have to pay for anything that was not my mistake or error. I am not opposed to paying it back but I still have to have an income for the next month, and he seems unwilling to find a compromise that we both can afford. Please advise me. I am in CA and I am unfamilier with the laws. Thanks
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X