This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Law is it?

I live in the state of Florida,so I know that Florida has few rights concerning Labor & Wages. So my question is I know it is illegal, but I cannot find what Federal Law it falls under. Can you point me in the right direction.
    The problem with my current employer is that they want to start charging employees a fine for accidents that occurrs while using an employee vehicle,because they want to off-set the repair cost of damage that occurs during an accident, and more recently a number of company vehicles have been vandalized by someone who has not been caught yet. Theft of equipment has also occurred by someone who has not been caught yet. We use Company equipment on a daily basis, we are bus drivers, & taxi drivers who are out on the road 24/7. Accidents are going to happen. We all try to avoid them, but it is part of the business that we are in.

Thanks
    straty45

Actually, there is no Federal wage and hour law addressing deductions at all. That is solely a state matter and, you're right, Florida law does not address the situation.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X