This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Payment on Check in GA for non-performance

I "pre-paid" a vendor via a company check for some yard maintenance. This work was not performed by the agreed upon date, therefore, I stopped payment on the check. Two months later, I rec'd a certified letter from the agent for a local Atlanta liquor and check cashing store demanding payment of the stopped check that they apparently cashed for this individual without checking with my company (as most check cashing stores do) to see if the check was good. They are demanding not only the original $185, but also a 5% fee bringing the total to $215 and want it in 10 days.

Does anyone know if I have any legal responsibilty to a third party to pay them these funds or should their dispute be with the original party to whom the check was written?

This is not a question of employment or labor law; it is a question of consumer law. I recommend you post your question in the business law forum on this site. Use the "Jump to" drop down at the bottom of the page.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Moved this post to the Business Law Forum

Moved this post to the Business Law Forum

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X