This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reduction in pay after assisting in whistleblowing... sort of

One month ago I got on full time (from a year as PRN) at a mental health agency in IN. My pay was supposed to drop going to full time but ended up staying the same as they had recently raised the base pay. My checks however state that I am making 50 cents over the base pay (for no specific reason). A female coworker with much more experience and certifications in the field recently found out that I am making much more than her and is in the process of rectifying this, possibly to legal ends, to raise her pay level... and I fully support her decision, as our supervisor knows, and have given her all necessary information from my end. The supervisor told her that I am not supposed to be making over base pay and that they will reduce my pay back down to the new base. Is this legal and can anything be done to prevent it?
    BTW, I'm male.
    Last edited by terahawk; 11-17-2005, 03:55 PM.

Is this legal and can anything be done to prevent it? Yes it's legal and no, you can't prevent it.

If they discovered they were accidentally paying you more than their pay policies dictate, they are free to reduce your wage to the appropriate amount. Just hope they don't want you to pay back the difference.

Comment

*sigh* they did decide to make me pay the backpay...
      ah well, life's never perfect.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X