This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer Letters in California

Is an offer letter signed by me and my employer legally binding or can the employer change the salary/commission structure at will? I'm in sales and was promised a certain commission percentage for a year, and I've been very successful and have maxed out their compensation plan. My manager recently told me that they changed the commission structure (9 months into the year), but they never asked me to sign a revised compensation plan. They now want to take back a large sum of commission because they say they made a mistake, an offer letter is not legally binding, and I must be paid off of the new compensation even though I never agreed to it.

Thank you.

Probably not unless the agreement rises to the level of a valid, enforceable contract which specifically prohibits the revising of the commission plan. You would need an attorney to review the document to see if it does.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X